Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chalkboard Closet Door and Dinosaur Doorknob


In 2015 we changed my son's bedroom from a nursery rhyme these over to his "Big Boy" Room. One of his friends had a big chalkboard section on his wall and he wanted one too, but we were lacking in wall space that he could access at his level to draw on it, so I painted the closet door with chalkboard paint. It took 3 coats to get adequate coverage.

There was a door knob on here, but we wanted to make it more fun. I sawed the head off a triceratops, which was really the one dinosaur that has a big enough head to serve as a doorknob. I cut off a portion of a wine cork and hot glue it inside the hollow head. Then I used a screw and placed the screw through the hole for the doorknob hardware and screwed on the doorknob dinosaur head. It has been on there for almost 9 months so far with no issues.

No comments: