Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Washcloth Travel Pouch


This homemade Christmas gift is quite simple in its concept, but very practical in its use. I made the three pictured above for my children and husband and thought these would be perfect to bring along with us on our camping trip. After the holidays I will have to make myself one so that we each have one. I made sure that I chose different ribbon colors so they could tell whose is whose.


Here is what the finished Washcloth Travel Pouch looks like when it is rolled up and tied. This is one of the two that I made for our Operation Christmas Child boxes.


This project is just a few simple straight stitches. You can determine the number of spaces you have but I made four so that there was room for a bar of soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a washcloth.

I folded the washcloth so that the bottom third was covering the middle third. Cut a piece of ribbon to 24". Fold the ribbon with 8" over 16" with right sides in. Pin in to place between the layers on one side.

Be sure to pin the ribbon in to one edge before stitching so that you can have it stitched in between the layers. It looks more finished that stitching it on the outside after the fact.

Stitch the other side closed and stitch in the number of pockets you want. I stitched in 4 pockets, which I think is about the maximum # you could do and have enough space to put in toothbrush, toothpaste, soap & washcloth.



These are the three for my family, all stacked up neatly.


A close up view of the inside.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

These seem very practical for camping!