All you need is strips of green construction paper cut in to various lengths, some tree decorations, a piece of paper to glue the tree on and a small piece of brown paper (we used some cardboard from the recycling).
Here are a variety of ways you can make this educational:
1) Have your child count how many pieces of green strips there are.
2) Sort the strips of green paper in order from longest to shortest.
3) Count how many decoration there are.
3) Assign how many decorations you want on a strip. We did 1,2,3....7.
4) You could assign a color to each strip (we didn't do this, I just let him pick them out.)
5) Fine motor skills involved with gluing strips and decorations.
Be sure to check out all of my 5 Days of Christmas Tree Crafts:
- Felt and Button Christmas Tree Ornament
- Felt Advent Calendar Christmas Tree
- Pipecleaner and Bead Christmas Tree
- Decorated Sugar Cone Trees
- Measurement and Counting Christmas Tree Activity