Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Make a Pipe Cleaner & Bead Tree

Here is another fun little project to do with your toddler or preschooler to encourage fine motor skills, counting skills and color identification.

I made the tree out of pipe cleaner and then asked my son to put beads on. I asked three things of him when he completed this task:
1) Say the name of each color as he put it on
2) Put beads on branches with 1, 2, 3 & 4 (in order) on each side
3) Place 1 yellow bead at the top


You can tailor this activity to how you want it and could consider having them create patterns, have more branches, or having them make the tree.


Be sure to check out all of my 5 Days of Christmas Tree Crafts:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so darn cute! I'm new to your email list, but I've really appreciated your preschool craft/activity ideas. I'm a preschool teacher and am always looking for new ideas. Can't wait to try a couple of your Christmas crafts!