Monday, October 14, 2013

Make It Monday: Clean Eating Zucchini Brownies


Whether you are looking for a clean eating sweet treat or just another way to use up your excess zucchini from the garden, you are going to love this brownie recipe. This is a fudge like recipe.

Clean Eating Zucchini Brownies
1 C almond butter, creamy
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/3 C honey
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 T organic baking cocoa
1 1/2 C shredded zucchini
1/4 C carob chips

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Coat 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside
  • Mix together almond butter, egg whites, extract and honey
  • Mix in baking soda, salt, and cocoa to the egg mixture
  • Fold in zucchini and carob chips
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set
  • Allow to cool before serving
  • Enjoy!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

These sound delicious!! I think I need to make them!

Shanna said...

I've always wanted to try baking with zucchini! I think I'll try this recipe!

Unknown said...

I saw your picture and my mouth literally starting watering. (I'm gross, I know!) But I LOVE brownies - so I'm sold! I can't wait to try these out... I love baking in the Fall :) Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I enjoy zucchini bread so this would make a great addition to my recipe collection, thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

Always on the look on how to make healthy versions of desserts Will hav to give these a try. I tried making "Healthy Brownies" with applesauce once. I took them to a party and everyone agreed, they were terrible. LOL!