Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Crock Pot Baked Potatoes


Planning ahead and making baked potatoes can be simple and done while you are at work or sleeping. You can do this with both white potatoes or sweet potatoes. This will help you from spending money on prepackaged sides that cost more than eating this whole food. Plus it's a simple and cost effective side to add to your clean eating menu.

Directions: Wash and dry potatoes, wrap in aluminum foil, place in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.

That's it! Have baked potatoes with your supper, or I tried out this idea for Egg-Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Cooking Pinterest for breakfast one morning.


10 comments:

Angela Saver said...

These sound wonderful! I'm going to make them for dinner tonight! I just bought a big bag of potatoes! Thanks for the great ideas!

mail4rosey said...

I didn't know you could do that, what a great tip!

Unknown said...

Mmmm that looks scrumptious. I love crockpot meals because I stink at cooking! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

LOVE cooking taters in the crockpot. Makes for a super duper easy meal that is very fulling.

rh0ze said...

i love cooking and i love eating too, that's why i always experimenting on cooking.

anyways, nice food i love potato and it's delicious and so healthy. thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

I love my Crock-Pot! I haven't done baked potatoes in it, but this looks delicious! Pinning it to try later...maybe Sunday dinner.

Julie said...

Never done this before - will definitely have to try it!

Debra Rutt said...

I would never have thought to do this in the crock pot...I love anything crock pot especially now that the weather is getting cold!

Unknown said...

How many potatoes can you put into the crockpot at a time.....could i put 5 or 6?? or can you just do one layer?

Mom of Two said...

Barbara, I do have 2 layers in my crockpot, which is a 2.5 qt crockpot. So, I have 6 in there