Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Creepy Feather & Eye Halloween Wreath


 Yesterday I was on a mission to amp up my Halloween decorations at our home without having to make a trip to a store and use things we already had in our home. If you don't have these supplies, then this won't be a no-cost decoration like it was for me.

My supplies for this project were a black feather boa (although I think using a green or orange one would work well and I saw feather boas at the Dollar Tree the other day), a metal hanger, googly eyes and a hot glue gun and glue (ignore the tape, that was a different project and somehow got in this picture.)


Assembly was a breeze. Start by shaping your hanger in to a circle. I left the hanger part on because that is how it is hanging from. Then secure an end of your feather boa in place and start wrapping it around the circle until it is all covered. Next glue on your googly eyes. I found it worked better to hang the feather wreath and then glue them in to place so that you could get an idea of where the feather droop in to place and then glue accordingly.


5 comments:

Renee@facebook:ablogfromanannysperspective said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute, and it looks so easy to make. I love all things crafty and I think I will try my hand at making one of these

The Frugal Greenish Mama said...

I love using feathers! So cute!

Ashley S said...

What a great wreath for Halloween! SO much fun.

Unknown said...

NICE! I am always looking for DIY projects to do for the holidays, Thanx for posting!

Julie said...

That is definitley creepy!