If you have been a follower of my blog for a long time or even a short time, you have come to realize that I cook most of our meals at home. But you don't have to cook as much as I do to be concerned about what your cooking products are adding to your food. Some times it is hard to keep up with all the things used in cooking products that can be toxic and remembering those complicated names is challenging and we might only remember that they once said that non-stick pans were "bad" and we should find alternatives, which is what we did. That "bad" toxin that is under investigation is PFOA, which is PerFluorooctanoic Acid.
Ozeri Stainless Steel Earth Pan is free of PFOA, cadmium and lead AND has a non-stick coating (ETERNA - a USA made coating) and that is important to me when I cook for my family. I find that the best test of the effectiveness of a non-stick pant is to cook eggs in them. I have made eggs in the a half dozen times since receiving the pan to review. It made beautifully fried eggs that did not stick to the pan.
These next two pictures are so that you can see what the pans looks like on both sides when it is empty. I was reviewing a 10" pan, which I find to be the perfect size to make 4 fried eggs in, saute veggies or brown a pound of ground turkey or beef in.
The pan is also oven safe to 500 degrees, although I have not had the opportunity to test that out. I don't normally use my pans in the oven, just on the stove top. I do want to say that I love the handle on the pan. It is a nice solid handle that feel good to hold and is sturdy and fits nicely in to my grip. It always amazes me when I try out a product and I find a feature that I just love and was not aware that I cared about that feature before, but I really like how the handle on this pan feels when in use.
You can BUY OZERI STAINLESS STEEL EARTH PAN from Amazon. Currently it is $34.95, but we all know how prices on Amazon fluctuate.
Product Description from Amazon:
- Features ETERNA, the world's longest lasting 100% PFOA-free non-stick coating developed in the USA.
- Made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel with TriPly construction and a polished mirror exterior.
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.
- Scratch-resistant coating allows for super easy cleaning, while remaining free of PFOA - a harmful chemical used in making traditional cookware.
- Boasts a comfortable heat-resistant stainless-steel handle reinforced to the pan via 3 rivets, and a magnetized base for use with rapid heat transfer induction stoves.
It sauteed my veggies for a homemade spaghetti sauce just beautifully. I also browned ground turkey in here for taco meat and it worked perfectly.
A few things to note about the Ozeri Stainless Steel Earth Pan that are in the user's guide:
- Use only butter, olive, vegetable, coconut or other natural oils in the pan. Non-stick sprays are not recommended because they may contain additives.
- Do not pour cool water in the pan when it is hot as it can cause cracking.
- It is recommended you handwash the pan with hot soapy water, but it can be put in the dishwasher but be aware the dishwasher detergents can be harsh and contain perfumes, dyes and other additives
I look forward to my continued use of this pan as it is working really well for us right now.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.