Monday, December 10, 2018

Prepper Chili for a Crowd




2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
2 cans of chili beans (kidney beans in chili sauce)
1 can corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 packet of chili seasoning
1 1/2 pounds hamburger, browned & dehydrated

Directions: Mix everything together and cook over a heat source until hot. In the case of this not being a prepper situation, put in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low.

_________________________________________________________________________________

If you recall, I told you about how we were Becoming Prepared and reading the book 52 Prepper Projects  by David Nash for book club, well, one of the projects in there was dehydrating hamburger. I have a dehydrator and thought, "Why not?!?!"

So, I decided to make the dehydrated hamburger (I've done jerky before so I wasn't concerned) and then make chili with it since I typically usually mostly canned items for this anyways. I was interested to see how the hamburger rehydrated and if there was any texture issues, which there was not. It went over very well and I received compliments on it. I was asked for the recipe as well, so I decided if I was going to type up what I did I might as well make a blog post about it.

I did cook it in the slow cooker, in case you are wondering.

No comments: