Monday, August 10, 2009

#79 Make Your Own Reusable Lunch Bag

I made one of these reusable homemade plastic lunch bags for a dear friend a couple of Christmases ago. I thought it turned out cute and used it as the reusable “wrapping” for other gifts that I stuffed inside. Once I figured out the correct temperature on my iron to use, it was really easy and was made relatively quickly. You need to use thicker plastic bags that you generally get from clothing stores as grocery store bags are too thin. I have only made the one and have not had the opportunity to make another because you do need of these 4-8 large bags and I honestly don't collect that many of them. I do think I used closer to 8 when I made mine as I wanted to be sure it was very sturdy. And the only thing you need to buy is some velcro, which you already may have in your crafting/sewing supplies.

No comments: