Friday, October 5, 2012

7 Ideas for Clean Eating Lunch

Today, I am presenting you with 7 Ideas for Clean Eating Lunch, be sure to check out all four of my posts in this series (this will be updated with links once future the posts have been created.)

All of the following photographs are taken by me and are of meals I made in my home.



Idea #1: Tuna and Veggie Wrap and a Side of Fruit - I added some balsamic vinegar & a little bit of olive oil to my tuna and placed the tuna "salad" on an Ezekiel wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, & homemade pickles. Yum!



Idea #2: Egg Salad Sandwich with a Side of Fruit - Use this Eat-Clean Diet Egg Salad Recipe and serve on some high fiber bread. I left out the onions and celery from this recipe because egg salad is one of those comfort foods for me and I like it plain, without any type of vegetable added.

This is the soup before I pureed it.

Idea #3: Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup - Soup is filling, but with this soup you still need to add in some protein to your lunch. So, why not add a side of Ants on a Log.


Idea #4: Crockpot Black Bean Soup - With the addition of beans to your soup, you have included a protein to have a very filling meal. Add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to the top, if desired. I love to make soups in the crockpot because I can get it going when I wake up and depending if I set it to low or high I have can have it ready for dinner (low for 6-8 hours) or lunch (high for 3-4 hours.)

Crockpot Black Bean Soup Recipe
2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
8 C broth
4 carrots, sliced
4 stalks of celery, sliced
1 med onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 T cumin
1 T basil
1/4 C fresh cilantro

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hour. Serve & enjoy!


Idea #5: Quick Packed Lunch Bag - Go for the Greek Yogurt and some fruit. Typically, cheese is not allowed in the Clean Eating Diet because of the amount of saturated fat (30% in one stick) it contains, but you can have it occasionally and in small amounts. I like these cheese sticks because they are portion sized and you can occasionally indulge while controlling your portion size and pack in 7g of protein and 20% calcium.


Idea #6: Tabouleh with an Ezekiel wrap and alfalfa sprouts - Tabbouleh is very easy to make with the  box mix from Fantastic Foods, but it is also quite easy to make with a Tabbouleh recipe. Don't forget to make up some clean Pita Bread (so easy!) if you don't have Ezekiel wraps.


Idea #7: Quinoa, Black Bean and Avocado Salad - In my efforts to incorporate more grains I have discovered quinoa which also provides some protein as well. Quinoa is quite easy to make in a rice cooker and it provides a good base to add items to for a healthy and clean salad. I am very happy I discovered this salad because it is fast becoming a favorite. I found that the more I simplified this recipe, the tastier is was.








4 comments:

Janet Divin said...

Great ideas! I can't wait to try the Quinoa, black bean and avocado salad! Thanks for sharing and the pictures are very helpful.

Nikki said...

Always looking for new lunch ideas, thanks!

craftsonthego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika Awakening said...

I love black bean soup, and as long as people use a vegetable broth ... this is vegan and cruelty-free. thank you :)