Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Spider Web Crafts for Kids

 Are you looking for another Halloween craft? Then I hope that you will try out these two Spider Web Crafts I will give you a brief tutorial on.

And if you were looking for something besides spider webs for Halloween Crafts, then please check out my recent post on Northern Cheapskate of 5 Easy Halloween Paper Plate Crafts for Kids or my post on on how making Re-purposed Fabric Ghosts

Also, it's only mid-month so you can be sure that I have a few more Halloween crafts to share with you.

The two spider web crafts will include a Popsicle Stick & Yarn  Web and a Paper Plate String Web.



Popsicle Stick & Yarn Spider Web

Gather your supplies: 4 popsicle sticks, glue white paint, white yarn & a plastic spider.

 Step 1: Glue your 4 popsicle sticks in a star type pattern.

Step 2: Paint web frame with white paint and allow to dry.

 Step 3: Wind yarn around each popsicle stick, moving from one popscile stick to the one next to it and continue around until you have made about 5 web strands.

Step 4: Attach a plastic spider. I find that spider rings work great because you can just cut the bottom of the ring open and attach it easily by pulling apart the bottom of the ring & releasing.

Paper Plate String Spider Web

 Gather your supplies: a paper plate, white string, scissors & a plastic spider

Step 1: Cut out center of the paper plate (but don't throw it away - I will be posting on using that piece to make another craft.)

Step 2: Cut an even number slits around the exterior of the plate. The more slits you cut the more web you will spin.

Step 3: Cut string (about 3-4 feet is good, unless you made a lot more slits than we did) and tie a knot one end.

Step 4: Slide knot on the backside of one slit and start bringing your string across to a new slit. Continue until you have completed your web. Cut off any excess string.

Step 5:  Attach a plastic spider. I find that spider rings work great because you can just cut the bottom of the ring open and attach it easily by pulling apart the bottom of the ring & releasing.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun. Love all your cute ideas.

Unknown said...

I will have to try these. :)

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your site. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an email if interested. Regards!


Also visit my web site; love quote