Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Get UNREAL and Unjunk Your Candy


There were 5 varieties of UNREAL candies that I was sampling with 15 people. We were able to try the following candy varieties:
  • Peanut Butter Cups
  • Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar
  • Chocolate Peanut Caramel Nougat Bar
  • Candy Coated Chocolates
  • Candy Coated Chocolates with Peanuts
These candies are made with real can sugar, real milk, twice as much cacao, and more protein and fiber. This is what they are NOT made with:
  • NO Corn Syrup
  • NO Artificial Colors and Flavors
  • NO Artificial Preservatives
  • NO Hydrogenated Oils/Fats




I made up gift bags that included full size candy bars, product information and some other fun things that should be in a grab bag. Everyone loves free stuff and of course the free UNREAL chocolate in here was the best item, but other free stuff is always appreciated, especially when they are products that moms love & use.

 My daughter wanted to eat them all. I asked her to pick her favorite, she couldn't. Like her mama, she loves anything with both chocolate and caramel but she really enjoyed the candy coated chocolates as well.

I had one person tell me they thought the candy coated chocolates with peanuts tasted peanuttier (is that a word?) that the competing brand. And there were several people that commented that they thought the candy coated chocolates tasted better than the competing brand.

One person had already had a couple of the candies prior to the event and talked up how much they enjoyed the candy coated chocolates, so those instantly became a "must-try".

 I made up a sampling tray with small pieces and bowls of candies so that each one could be tried and seen. I made to to point out to everyone to read the package for the candies with the hardshell so that they could see what the colors were made from (Beet juice, Tumeric, etc.) and NOT dyes.

 Some quotes from people about what they thought of UNREAL Candy:
"I like the idea of trying to get a "healthy" chocolate bar that is made from better ingredients."
"My husband and daughter both have a major sweet tooth and at least their treat can be made of REAL ingredients!"
"I'm a candy-aholic, and any way I can make that better for me, I'm all over!"
"I like having a healthier alternative when I have a craving for sweets"
"I love a candy treat now and then, but hate knowing I'm eating chemicals and junk!"


Check out a couple tweets I made about this promotion:
Tweet #1 (multiple times for the duration of the giveaway, ending on the party date)
Tweet #2 (getting ready for my party)
Tweet #3 (about the video)

No comments: