Monday, October 1, 2012

Make It Monday: Crockpot Pureed Butternut Squash Soup



It's simple, healthy, low-fat, filling and inexpensive. Can it get any better than that?

Pureed Butternut Squash Soup
1 large butternut squash (will be about 4-5 C of cubed squash)
4 C broth
1 med onion, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pepper to taste

Directions:
Peel, remove seeds and cube squash and place in crockpot (slow cooker).  Add broth, onion and cinnamon. Stir. Cook on high in a crockpot for 3-4 hours. Puree in blender, food processor or an electric hand blender. Top with a dollop of sour cream (or green yogurt) and serve.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome -- I think I'll try this recipe tomorrow :) Thanks!

Amital said...

I was just looking for a recipe for the butternut squash sitting on my counter. Sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

I love your soup recipes. I have pinned this one to make for my family on a cool day. Thanks for sharing!