Friday, October 26, 2012

Homemade Hummus Recipe

I just featured my recipe for Homemade Hummus in my most recent Northern Cheapskate post titled "Stretch Your Budget and Shrink Your Waistline with Beans" and wanted to share the post and this recipe with my readers.



Homemade Hummus Recipe:

 Put all of the following ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth:

1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 T lemon juice
1 T olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic

** You can always add in other spices, olives or red pepper to personalize to your taste. I used oregano  in the one I made for these pictures.



Don't forget to make up a batch of homemade pita bread to go with your hummus and veggies!

6 comments:

jennifer b said...

I'd love to make the roasted red pepper kind as its our fave.
jbubolz-miller@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I love hummus!

Stephanie said...

I love hummus, and sometimes I make a similar dip by substituting black beans instead of chickpeas. All good, and good for you!

Unknown said...

Pete makes hummus at least once a week and uses it for everything! Lots and lots of garlic....
Janna

Jen said...

I'm planning on trying this recipe this week! Seems easy :) Good idea to try with black beans as well.

Unknown said...

I love hummus and this is such a super easy recipe without all of the hard to find ingredients. Thanks!