Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Easy "Homemade" Lollipops



This project is for those times when you want that custom theme. I made these for my son's 3rd birthday party that we held at the John Deere tractor store, so I was going for a Tractor (green & yellow theme - sorry family it was not a Packer theme.)

These were pretty simple to make and I even had my son help me out with placing the candies on top of the silicone sheet in the pattern of yellow-green-yellow.

These are great for a Birthday party favor or you could make them as a fun homemade stocking stuffer for Christmas.


Make Your Own Lollipops

Hard Candies
Lollipop Sticks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Lay out your hard candies in the desired pattern/flavors/colors on top of a silicone baking sheet. I suggest 3 candies high.
Bake for 7 minutes (watch carefully, as some ovens cook hotter/colder than others.)
Take out & immediately stick in sticks.
Twist sticks in the melted candy to get candy covering the stick.
Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving or covering.

**One thing I learned is give them space. On a cookie sheet you should have not more than 3 in a row and 3 rows of 3. Anymore than than and they are likely to spread in to each other.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

yum-- I remember when we made these as a kid-- I haven't tried it with my kids yet-- thanks-- gonna do it!