Sunday, January 9, 2011

#180 A Quick Scarf from Leftover Fabric

Yesterday, I was busy crafting items for my daughter and myself and thought I should think of a craft for my son and remembered the other day when I realized he really needed a scarf.

Ok, I admit, this isn't my best work. It's hard to cut a really long straight line, which is why I would have actually preferred to have sewn this but there was only a section long enough to make a single layer scarf with no heming. The other fabric I embellished it with is the same stuff I have made a couple items for him with (and will continue to since I had bought about 3 yards of this fabric years & years ago.) I did sew on the plaid rectangles.

So, for no money at all and a little bit of time, my son has a wear. And just in time too! Since the are forecasting that we will have a very cold spell hitting up that has highs that do not go above zeros. Yup. Highs in negative numbers. Boo. Hiss.

No comments: