Saturday, November 23, 2013

Flower Adorned Winter Loom Knit Hat



I used Bernet Alpaca yarn to make this hat. I doubled up on the yarn thread and pulled from the center and from the outside to make it a thicker hat. I wasn't going to have quite enough in one skein to make this a solid grey hat, so when I realized this I stopped doubling the strands and added in some cream colored yarn (same brand and kind) and added in a grey and cream stripe, and then added the grey back with the doubled up strands and finished the hat with solid grey on top.


If you want to make this as a solid hat, then I suggest buying 2 skeins of yarn.I used the green knifty knitter loom to make this. If you are making the hat on the red or blue loom, one skein will be plenty, but if you are using the yellow loom then you definitely want two skeins. And if you don't know how to Loom Knit, check out my Introduction to Loom Knitting and also be sure to check out all the things I have made with Loom Knitting.

The tutorial on how to make this flower was something I found on pinterest, although I did hand stitch my pieces together instead of gluing them so that I could make this a machine washable hat.


Next month I will be sharing on Northern Cheapskate of how you can make this Quick and Easy Loopy Scarf.

6 comments:

krystal said...

I pinned and tweeted this - cute hat! I actually bought one similar at Old Navy but this one looks better! ;)

Unknown said...

I love this! Beautiful hat. It would make a great homemade gift.

Michelle F. said...

Gorgeous hat! I crochet but would love to learn to also knit someday!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the flower.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

I love this hat. It is unique and the color is great.

Rose-Marie said...

This is soo cute! I like making fabric flowers, and I'm always adding them to everything. It makes the humdrum special!