Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Clean Eating: Roasted Chickpeas

 I was in search of more snacks to eat that are clean and came across this recipe for Roasted Chickpeas. I made it in to a bigger project than it needed to be because I only had dried chickpeas, so I had to soak them and then cook them first, but the recipe says you can use either cooked ones or canned.
 I thought it smelled spicier in my house as they were cooking than they actually taste. Also, as I was tossing I thought there was a lot of spice on each one so I increased the amount of chickpeas to 4 cups (instead of 3). Also, I saw the note on the recipe that said you may need to cook longer that 30-40 minutes and add up to another 20 minutes. Well, we ended up cooking ours for 1.5 hours to make them crunchy.

Once they were finally done and I was able to taste them, I thought they were very tasty. The moisture that is lost in baking them to be crunchy in a decreased volume. Whereas, I put in 4 cups of hydrated, cooked chickpeas, I ended up with just over 2 cups of roasted chickpeas. I will make these again.

2 comments:

Mami To Lil D said...

This sounds interesting. I love chickpeas too so we're definitely gonna have to experiment with this one.

~Seraphina Smith

Unknown said...

I love chickpeas and they are really good for you as they provide much of the fiber you need for a day. I have been wanting to make these for quite sometime but have not done so yet. I would use the canned chickpeas.