Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Easter Egg Craft

Try Out This New Idea for an Jelly Bean Filled Easter Egg

My daughter & I did this project together. We made the 2 eggs pictured below to put in the (Easter) basket that her class was providing for the school carnival's silent auction. (I also made a couple other items that were included as well.)

I bought a small bag of jelly beans (50-cents), used leftover yarn and some pieces of craft foam and some clear plastic table sheeting (find at a fabric store where they sell table {oil cloth} fabric). I paid 24-cents for 1/4yd. and could probably make 10-12 eggs from it.

Cut out an egg shape from craft foam and clear sheeting. Holding them together, punch holes around the perimeter. Then "sew" the yarn through the holes (this is a great step for kids.)

Don't sew the last couple holes quite yet. Leave them open to put in the jelly beans (another good step for kids), then sew the last couple holes and tie the remain string in a bow at the top.

So, we made these two for the carnival basket, but my daughter has asked that I make these for her & her brother, so guess I will be making a couple more.




No comments: