Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day! Did You Catch a Leprechaun?

Showing off their poems and treat from the leprechaun
I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever be pretending to be a leprechaun, but last year my daughter told me her plans to catch one and I wanted to encourage her imagination and creativity and told her to go for it. That didn't change this year and she set out to catch a leprechaun again (using a similar trap to the one she created last year - that didn't work, maybe next year she'll mix it up more.)

The whole scene with footprints leading up to the porch, the knocked over trap & the notes & treats left for the kids.

All of the footprints (my daughter noticed they were in a rainbow shape, which was total luck of the Irish because this leprechaun didn't do that on purpose.)

The failed trap with it's fake gold.

My very quickly thought up poem. Didn't know she was doing this again, next year I will plan ahead & try harder.

She's so excited to have discovered the footprints & went in search of the leprechaun in case he was still here.

No comments: