Friday, March 9, 2012

Fix-It Friday: Chipped Stove Paint

 Every time I look around our house I keep seeing all these little Fix-It projects that need to be done; things that take a half hour or less. But things, I nevertheless, make it a priority to fix.

So, to help give me the motivation to fix some of these things I decided to make a list and commit myself to doing a new post called "Fix-It Friday" (I really like themes if you haven't noticed.)

My first project is to fix the chip in the paint on my stove. This first picture is of the biggest chip. The picture below was taken to show just exactly how it looked, but there are a couple other minor scratches I can cover that are not really visible in the pictures.
The stove before.

The solution

Apply just as you would white-out (do people still use that?), but this is paint so it will dry hard and is not water-soluble like white-out.

Allow to dry for at least 10 minutes before touching.  That's it!

Simple enough and you barely notice that there was a chip. The trick  is to make sure the paint is spread evenly and  blend it it slightly with the old paint.

3 comments:

Tru said...

Looks great! Good job!

Unknown said...

Wow! That stuff looks really great! Thanks for introducing it to all of us!

HD Stove Glass said...

Thanks for sharing such Informational Blog. If needs Stove Paint visit our site.