Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review: EASTER CULINARY CREATIONS…SAVORY SIDES





I had the opportunity to review Mrs. Cubbison's Classic Seasoned Dressing and Caesar Salad Croutons and prepare an early Easter Dinner for my family. The  croutons, I served on a colorful salad of mixed greens, strawberries, red onion, and sliced almonds and our favorite salad dressings.



The dressing I prepare in a way to make it more colorful and festive by adding 3/4 C of pineapple chunks and 1/2 C dried cranberries (you could add dried cherries or strawberries instead). The recipe also called for 1/4 C bacon bits, but I chose to leave those out as I wanted more of the fruit flavor to come through. Add the above ingredients to one (of the two) packets enclosed in the box.

I served these savory sides along with some ham, asparagus and deviled eggs.

Both items are very flavorful and need minimal preparation and can help you have have Easter dinner on the table very quickly. By using a pre-cooked ham and boiling my eggs this morning while I made breakfast, I had our Easter dinner prepared, baked, and served within 45 minutes total. I plan to make this stuffing and this salad when we celebrate Easter with my extended family over Easter weekend.

For more tasty Easter menu ideas, visit www.mrscubbisons.com.

Another couple of ideas to make a fun, decorative savory side are:

EDIBLE EASTER STUFFING CENTERPIECECombine 1 box (2 bags) stuffing mix with ¾ cup chopped celery, ¾ cup chopped onion, 1 cup broth, juice or water, ½ cup canola or vegetable oil and 2 large eggs, lightly beaten. Press moistened stuffing firmly into a greased Bundt cake pan and bake in a preheated 375° oven for 30 minutes. Allow pan to cool before turning out onto a serving plate. Fill the center with shredded cabbage and add colored Easter eggs.
STUFFING EASTER EGGS! Using the same recipe above, shape the moistened stuffing into egg shapes and arrange on a cookie sheet with a light coating of cooking oil spray; bake stuffing “eggs” in a preheated 375° oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve stuffing eggs with shredded cabbage “grass” beneath them or in a colorful linen-lined Easter basket. 


You can also find Mrs. Cubbison's on Facebook!

Check out the video I made of me talking about the food I prepared for our (early) Easter Dinner.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: