Friday, May 31, 2013

Pottery Time: Toothpick Holder


I made this pottery toothpick holder for my husband for his birthday. I like to make some gifts and sometimes struggle with stuff for guys, but this one was a no-brainer. My husband loves his toothpicks after a meal and since he is often eating lunch at his desk, I thought he could use a toothpick holder. I didn't want just a cup-like one, I wanted something a little more artistic and so I came up with this design.

I made it my slab rolling clay and hand building. After I slab rolled out my clay I cut out a circle of clay and began to form it together with having the center being pressed in and together and having the sides be raised (can't have the toothpicks falling out!). I thought it turned out pretty nice and was a good idea for a guys gift for birthday, Father's Day or Christmas.

5 comments:

Alicia Owen said...

That's really neat! I love pottery. :)

Jaime said...

That's a great idea! I've been looking for Father's Day gifts - I didn't think of trying to make something!

Unknown said...

Nice. I wish I knew how to make pottery. I'm glad your husband liked it.

Unknown said...

I love this! I'm sure he will love this for Father's Day :) What a creative woman he's got!

Anonymous said...

Cheap Way To enjoy A Film

Feel free to visit my homepage - sitting