Saturday, April 12, 2014

Slow Cooker Saturday: "Baked" Ziti Casserole



Sure, it isn't baked because it is make in the slow cooker, but when have you ever heard ziti in the title of a recipe without baked in front of it?

With a little bit of prep time ( you do need to allow time to brown meat and onions) you can serve your family a casserole for dinner as soon as you get home.

Slow Cooker "Baked" Ziti Casserole
8 oz. uncooked ziti
24 oz cottage cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 egg, scrambled
1 lb. ground turkey, browned
1 med. onion
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 oz. shredded cheese (reserve for the end)

Directions:

  1. Brown turkey and onion together
  2. Combine all ingredients (except shredded cheese) in a 3 qt. or larger slow cooker
  3. Stir to combine thoroughly.
  4. Cook on low for 4 hours.
  5. Top with shredded cheese the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
  6. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Leelo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leelo said...

It looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

That's a "quick" slow cooker recipe. I can use one of those for my rotation.

Unknown said...

This looks good! I have a friend who loves her ziti like this! I think this is something I am gonna have to try soon!

Mommy Pehpot said...

oh my I love anything ziti! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Czjai said...

I'm crazy about zitti, too! Bookmarking your recipe. :)

ReviewsSheRote said...

I love having a stash of slow cooker recipes for our busy summer schedule...also don't have to turn the oven on and heat the house!

Lexie Lane said...

I really love casseroles. This looks really hearty and yummy! I'm going to have to try!