Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Make Your Own Stampers

 What I love about this project is that it is 2 projects in 1 and both are quick. The first project is making the stampers. The second project is doing the stamping.
 These are super simple to make you just need to save some plastic lids. I found that larger ones that are on SoBe, Vitaminwater & other things like that are larger and work better. The other items you need are some foam stamps (I bought mine from Dollar Tree) and a stamp pad (we just re-used one from some stamp kits we already owned.)
 This project was simple enough that my (almost) 3 year old could remove the backing and apply the sticker himself. If they don't get it quite centered enough, it is simple to remove and re-position them back on the lid.
 And then the fun begins! Start stamping away! My son's stampers were all a vehicle theme (which I purchased for this project), but my daughter went through our cup of old foam stamps found enough of the sea ones leftover to make her own set.
This could even make a cute stocking stuffer gift if you are trying to have a homemade Christmas, or it would be a fun gift for one kid to make for another kid.

No comments: