Monday, August 5, 2013

Make It Monday: Clean Eating Crepes

I finally did it! I finally decided I would part ways with my original crepes recipe and clean it up (wasn't too terrible to begin with, but still could be improved upon)




Clean Eating Crepes Recipe
1 C Oat Flour
2 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
1 1/2 C coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (if making breakfast crepes)
1 packet Stevia (if making breakfast crepes)

Directions: Whisk all ingredients together. Preheat a omelet frying pan and spray with non-cooking spray. Pour 1/4 C of the mixture in the pan. Cook until bottom has just set and cooked (15-20 seconds), then flip and cook until that side is set. These cook really fast.

Top with your favorite fruit, a homemade clean nutella, carob chips, your favorite nut butter, or fill with veggies, scrambled egg whites or beans and salsa.

9 comments:

Vinma said...

My husband really loves crepes! So, I think this recipe would be a hit with him. Thank you :)

Rachel R. said...

I love crepes, but don't make them often. Does the clean version still taste decent?

Malanda @ Outnumbered by Little Boys! said...

That looks delicious! I haven't had crepes in years.

Jessica said...

Yes, they do taste good. There is obviously more texture to them than with white flour, but nothing obnoxious.

Unknown said...

Mmmm... I bet my husband would love me (more?) if I made these!!

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing. I will have to try these.

Dianna said...

I never tried to do this, but maybe I can-- thanks-- I love crepes when I go to ihop thats what I get-- thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

thank you for the sugarfree crepe recipe, I love these so much but being a diabetic i have to count carbs so one 1 of the original crepes for me but this way I can eat 2

msmissy02 said...

These look delicious! I need to try to make one someday. Thanks! DamianMom at yahoo dot com