Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review: Simply Snackin' Meat Snacks




I could have posted this review for Simply Snackin' Meat Snacks within 4 days of receiving the package of six assorted meat snacks, because that was how long it took for my kids and myself to devour them and that was with us showing restraint. My poor husband didn't get to try even one bite of these, which I guess just means I am going to have to buy some. In fact, when I tried the first one I made a proclamation to my kids that I had to try every single flavor since I needed to review all the flavors. They totally bought that and I didn't have them whining to me that they wanted a whole piece to themselves. I did learn that this company is based in Wisconsin, so I might have to find out if they have any retail stores they provide to that I can purchase it from when we visit family.

The six flavors I was able to sample were:
And as I had each flavor, I kept trying to to decided which one I liked the best or the least. Well, there wasn't one that I didn't enjoy at all and I think my favorite would be a tie between the Teriyaki Beef Sirloin with Pineapples and the Chicken Breast with Black Bean Salsa.

After we had finished all 6 flavors, my daughter was slightly addicted and begged me to buy a different kind of jerky from the grocery store. It just wasn't the same. That other kind was dry and tough and more salty than savory. What I mean by savory is that these meat snacks are not just salted meat, they are combined with delicious fruits, salsa or seasonings to give them a savory flavor. I also love that the meat is tender. And while each stick only had 60 calories, they packed in 11 grams of protein (in the chicken) and (8 grams of protein in the beef). This was such a delicious and low calorie way to refuel with protein.

I would also be amiss if I didn't mention that they contain no artificial ingredients, filler, or added MSG. All of them (except the one with Romano Cheese) are lactose-free and four of the varieties are also gluten free.

My readers can get 10% off your order by using the discount code "BLOGGIN10" through the end of August from Simply Snackin.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried these, but I'm tempted!

Anna Kate said...

I agree with Taylor! Totally tempted to try these!

Tisha Berg said...

I don't like meat very much, but there's something about meat snacks that are the exception. It's probably the saltiness. I'll have to look for these snacks, they look yummy!