Monday, January 6, 2014

Make It Monday: Super Foods Salad


This clean eating recipe is absolutely delicious and will fill you up too! 

Super Foods Salad

1 C quinoa
2 C water
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 lb. frozen corn, thawed
1/2 C chopped cilantro
12 oz. bag frozen shrimp, thawed, tailed removed and chopped
1 avocado, chopped
juice of 1 lime
sea salt, to taste

Directions:

  • Cook quinoa and water in a rice cooker. Allow to cool after.
  • Mix together all ingredients except lime and salt.
  • Squeeze lime juice over the top of stirred salad and add salt if desired and toss again.
  • Eat right away or allow to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
  • Enjoy!

12 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

I make something like this only with tofu not shrimp. Makes a delicious lunch!

Lexie Lane said...

Oh wow! This looks like a full on fiber dish! Really healthy!

Unknown said...

This salad looks delish but I'll be honest, quinoa scares me. Why? I have no clue, could be that it's always been a difficult rice for me to cook.

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy. I love salads and I always have quinoa or couscous in my cabinet, so this is perfect. what an easy lunch or weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing

Jessica said...

Chelle - do you have a rice cooker? I just make my quinoa in there and it comes out perfect every time and I don't have a fancy rice cooker, just one I think I paid about $20 for maybe 6-7 years ago.

Debra Rutt said...

This looks like a great salad. The Hubs and I became pescatarians this year and we're looking for great non-meat meals!

First Time Mom and Losing It said...

That looks really good. Have never tried quinoa before.

Heather Jones said...

Looks really good, I'd probably trade it out for rice though. Thanks for the recipe!

Family Travels on a Budget said...

For those who never tried quinoa, it's easy to work with and tastes great. It's definitely packed with more nutrition than rice (though I love rice too!). Thanks -- we're always looking for healthy, quick recipes. I've bookmarked this one to try -- once the deep freeze is over!

Debi said...

I love quinoa. I am always looking for new ways to make it.

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic! I love the ingredients! Definitely adding it to my "want to try" list!

Mommy Pehpot said...

super food indeed! I will include this on my food list :)