Monday, January 23, 2012

Making Snow Play Dough

I bet you are wondering what makes this snow play dough. It's really not much different that regular homemade play dough except I don't add any coloring and do add mint extract and glitter.

Snow Play Dough Recipe  
2 1/2 C white flour
1 C boiling water
3/4 C salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 T cooking oil
1/2 tsp mint extract
glitter (I used silver & 2 blue colors)

Boil water and stir in salt. Mix until dissolved. Add oil, cream of tartar and mint extract and mix. Add flour and sprinkle in desired amount of glitter. Knead until smooth. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

The Dawson Family said...

thanks i love letting my little boy help with making things like this

Cathy H said...

I love the idea of adding mint extract to this play dough! My kids LOVE white play dough - why didn't I think of just leaving out the coloring when making homemade play dough? :oP
All Things Zoo