Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sponsored Review: Green Lantern Costume from BuyCostumes.com



My kids love costumes. My daughter does and my son does. And I love that they love it because it encourages them to use their imaginations and lets them try out different characters. When I found out I was picked to do this review I knew my son was going to be excited because he could pick pretty much any super hero costume he wanted. I had him sit down with me and look at all the choices that are available on BuyCostumes.com and he first narrowed it down to his top 4 choices, which were Superman, Spiderman, Batman, and The Green Lantern. Some of the other choices were Captain America, Iron Man (both regular and patriotic), Thor, Wolverine and more. To be honest, I was surprised that The Green Lantern made his top 4 and I certainly wasn't expecting him to choose it as they one we ordered. I thought for sure he would go with the really popular ones. As we looked through all the super hero costumes on BuyCostumes.com he was very curious about all the other super heroes that he was not very familiar with. It gave us quite a discussion and more of an education for me as he told me about them. I admit, I am not up on my super heroes but my son sure is, so I guess I will be soon too.





He also noticed that there were lots of female super heroes and thought we needed to get one for sister. He really thought she needed a Wonder Woman costume (I had to agree as I have a fondness for Wonder Woman when I remember by Wonder Woman underoos of my youth - do you remember those?!?!?!)

My son is in a size 4 right now, so I got the size 4-6 and it fits great and does have room it for him to grow with it. So, I would say that the sizing is pretty accurate on this costume. I just love the abs that are built in and the arm muscles. You need to have visible muscles if you are going to be a super hero. This costume comes in 3 pieces that include the main costume (shoes covers are attached at the bottom), a mask, and the Green Lantern Ring. It attaches closed in the back with velcro, so it can be easily put on & off. My son is wearing this over summer clothes, so it does fit well over clothes and does also have some stretch to the fabric if you need it to. What a fun costume! Thanks BuyCostumes.com for choosing me to review this costume. He absolutely loves it!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: