Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas Confetti Pasta with Shrimp


I came up with this recipe last Christmas went I decided I wanted something other than Ham or Turkey. I desired something that would be filling, delicious and something we all would like but not require me to spend all Christmas Day in the kitchen. I wanted it to seem "Christmas-y" and so I thought making it red and green would do the trick.

Christmas Confetti Pasta with Shrimp
12 oz. Linguine, cooked
1/2 C butter
12 oz. shrimp
3 green onions
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 med. zucchini, cubed
salt, pepper and parsley, to taste
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Melt butter on baking sheet in the oven
  • Add shrimp, onion, cloves zucchini and lightly toss
  • Sprinkle desired amount of salt, pepper and parsley over the top
  • Bake for 15 minutes
  • While Shrimp is cooking, bring water to a boil and cook linguine
  • Drain linguine and place in a large pasta bowl
  • Heat up can of diced tomatoes
  • Pour tomatoes and cooked shrimp mixture on top of  linguine and toss together
  • Enjoy!


No comments: