Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: Rubbermaid Lunch Blox

I was so excited when I was asked to review the Rubbermaid LunchBlox set. Since I send lunch to school with my daughter or to work with my husband more than 50% of the time, this was perfect. Click here to see the full line of LunchBlox products including the Salad and Entrée kit, great for taking salads and leftovers on the go.

I really like this product (remember, this is my own opinion, I did not have to give a positive review, but I am.) I really like the size are perfect for what I usually pack in our lunches. I love that they are re-usable. I love that they snap together making for more efficient use of space. And I really like that the ice block is flat and snaps into place, which is very helpful for space and keeping specific items cold.


I love that it was clearly written and illustrated on the packing that these are BPA Free and are safe for the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher. When it is hard to find this information, a person can become easily frustrated. These are all things I would look for when purchasing new containers for lunches.


Some benefits of the LunchBlox set:


 Modular containers snap together in to save space in your lunch bag
 Kit includes specially designed Blue Ice™ pack that works with LunchBlox containers to keep lunches chilled on the go
 Containers are perfectly portioned for lunch foods commonly carried away from home
 Microwave-, dishwasher- and freezer-safe and BPA-free
 The Sandwich Kit includes a sandwich container sized for regular and specialty breads, two snack containers (perfect for yogurt or nuts) and a snack container (perfect for fruits, vegetables and
chips)



Here you can see what the containers look like when they are laid flat across (the blue ice pack is underneath the sandwich container) and how much room they take up in a flatter lunch box.

In a taller lunch box, you can stack them together and can snap all the pieces together. The smaller containers which are a 1/2-cup size (perfect serving size for fruits & veggies) snap in to the small spaces on top of all the other pieces.

I also love the the sandwich container (which is over 2.5-cups) is large. I placed a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in it in these pictures, but when I make a sandwich for myself it is usually packed with veggies, meat & cheese and becomes too thick for a sandwich bag, but there is ample room in this container for a very thick sandwich.

The value of the LunchBlox Sandwich Kit as $12.99. This is the suggested retail price. However, prices at retail may vary and are controlled by the retailer. The LunchBlox Sandwich Kit is currently available for purchase at Rubbermaid.com, Target, Kmart, Kroger, Safeway, Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie, HEB, other grocery stores and select Wal-Mart stores. There is a coupon on their website (as of the date of this post) for $1.50 off this set.

I was given the above LunchBlox set from Rubbermaid for the purpose of review. All thoughts, opinions and pictures above are my own. No compensation was received for this post.

No comments: