Monday, October 27, 2014

Jack O' Krispies


I am usually such a fan of Halloween and have so many decoration up and we do so many activities and projects, but this year things have been way busy and chaotic but I make time so that my son and I could make these Jack O' Krispie treats (actually the name came from a friend whom I had given one to and she called them this and I like it, so that is what they are!)

Jack O' Krispies
6 C Crisp Rice Cereal
1/4 C Butter
10 oz. Marshmallows
Red and Yellow Food Coloring
6 Tootsie Rolls
12 Green JuJu Candies
Wilton Icing

Directions: Melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave until butter is melted and marshmallows are double in size. Stir in food coloring to create an orange color. Stir in cereal. Allow to cool slightly before handling. With greased hands, shape in to 12 pumpkins. Cut Tootsie Rolls in half. Press Tootsie Rolls and Juju Candies in to place while the treat is still warm. Decorate with icing when treat has cooled.

14 comments:

Czjai said...

These are super cute! They're quite easy to make, too. Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa said...

That's so cute! Thanks for this great take on Rice Krispies Treats. Adorable.

Angie B said...

these are so cute. My kids would love to make these

Rebecca Swenor said...

I love these Jack-O-Krispies. Very creative and I will have to make these for the kids. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Fun and cool recipe.. the kids would love to do this for friday!

Unknown said...

These look absolutely tasty and adorable!

Uplifting Families said...

These are super cute. I love rice crispy treats.

Erika Awakening said...

These are very cute. I would probably add nuts to balance out the protein

Unknown said...

What a nice twist to a classic! I think this would go over well.

Kero Pinkihan said...

awesome and easy! thank you for sharing. I will do this with my little boy. Happy Halloween!

Esther said...

Very cute treat! I love that it isn't that hard to make but looks like it was!

stephanickety said...

Those are so cute for Halloween! I'm about to whip up some "caramel apple" rice crispy treats on sticks.

Katrina Kroeplin said...

those are so cute. my girls love rice crispness.

Eliz Frank said...

Those look so delicious. I would pay for a few.