Friday, October 3, 2014

Pottery Time: Paint Brush Holder


Thought it was time to start sharing some pottery creations again. This is one I created a little while ago, but I finally gave it to a friend for her birthday (along with new brushes, paint, a stretched canvas and palette.) I also made one for myself, but I need to take a picture of it. I am thinking of suggesting to my daughter that she make one of these for herself and her after school Art Club teacher (yes, we are working on Christmas presents already - pottery takes time!)

To make this, I did it by hand building the clay in to a triangle shape then cutting out the curved area and molding them with my hands to make them smooth. I then carved in leaves and hand painted glaze over the entire piece in blue and each individual leaf.


9 comments:

April - My Bizarre Family said...

That is very cool! You are very talented!

MikiHope said...

My Mom would certainly appreciate this, as would one of my nieces both of whom are artistically inclined and paint. That will make a great gift for the art teacher!

Unknown said...

Amazing, you're very talented!

Scott said...

That's a really neat idea! Something I know I could never do, but still appreciate!

Erika Awakening said...

I love pottery. Those are pretty colors and a pretty design.

Rebecca Swenor said...

This is a great idea. I love painting for a hobby and I will have to make one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Czjai said...

This makes a lovely gift idea for Christmas. I know some friends who would love this item.

Katrina Kroeplin said...

that looks awesome. i could never make something like that. i bet my daughter would love to paint like that.

CloseCircuit camera said...

Hi, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!
<a href="http://www.securitysystemideatechnosolutions.com/odisha/bhubaneswar/ir-night-vision-camera.html>night vision camera in bhubaneswar</a>