Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: FREE Hockey Skating Skills Lessons



The Faribault Hockey Association and hockey teams are doing something new this year and are offering FREE Hockey Skating Skills sessions at all their Saturday Open Skates from 12:30-1:15.

You do have to have to pay for admission to open skate which is $4/person or $10/family. But they do have a punchcard for $40 for 12 punches to help save you money. Or, there is a FREE ADMISSION DAY on Saturday, October 18th (with a canned food donation.)

Your child does need to wear a helmet, but it could be a bike helmet and need to have on a warm coat and gloves (don't have to be hockey gloves.) You can rent hockey equipment (skates, helmet, gloves, pads) if you want, but it is not necessary. Of course, you need skates too!

5 comments:

Mom Knows Best said...

This sounds like fun for kids. my boys would love to do this.

Kori said...

That is a great opportunity! I'll have to see if there's something like that locally.

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

That's amazing! I wish we had something like that around here. My son would love it.

Jamie said...

How fun - I sure wish we could have a place to play hockey. Our kids up here in the mountains need more things to do!!

Melissa said...

This is just all sorts of awesomeness! I only wish we had a rink near me that did something like this.