Friday, December 5, 2014

3 DIY Wreaths for Only $6


Let me first start off my saying that the reason it was possible to make 3 wreaths for only $6 (plus tax) was because I was re-using wreath forms. So, this year as you discard your wreath, think about if there are parts you can save to make a new wreath next year.

If you look at the picture in the upper right you can see the 3 forms that were a large grapevine wreath, a foam green wreath (you could get something similar at the Dollar Store) and a straw wreath (which only sell for a few dollars at Wal-Mart.)

All of these wreath forms were left behind at the cabin we bought, so I just went to Dollar Tree and bought some supplies (6 items worth) and got some yarn from my knitting bag and used some hot glue I had and cut some branches off of an evergreen outside at the cabin.

My daughter decorated the straw one, while I did the others two. I laid out the pieces on the forms before gluing or tying them in to place. I am pretty happy with how they all turned out and we have 2 newly decorated wreaths at the cabin (plus a third one I told you about last week) and one at home.

8 comments:

Danielle K said...

These are so cute and I love that I don't have to break the bank to decorate with these :)

Alicia Owen said...

I have been wanting to make a wreath this year. Glad I saw your post! I'm all about doing crafty things for cheap too. :D

She Smiles Within said...

I was looking for a project like this. This is a perfect activity that I can do with my son. Thank you for this tutorial.

Yona Williams said...

I love the first branchy looking one. I am making my own wreath this year - I'm shooting for a peacock theme.

burlap+blue said...

These are so creative! Love them all!

Heavenly Savings said...

Those are beautiful. I learned how to make wreaths like that in FFA in High School. It was lots of fun!

Christy G said...

These are super cute. Grab these items after Christmas and save them for next year. I love doing that especially craft items.

Carrie M. said...

Love these! I could do this!