Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Custom Wooden Spoons


This was a gift that my kids made for their grandparents. Actually, the burned designs on wooden spoons were from my daughter and they were put together with the Candy Cookies in a Jar that my son gave them as a combination present.

Now, you do need a wood burning tool to create these, so that is an added expense if you don't already own one (which we did, it was part of a wood burning crafting kit we bought earlier and they made signs with). And adult supervision or help is needed. In our case, my daughter used pencil to draw on the designs and my husband burned the designs in. Then she used an eraser to eliminate any other pencil marks left on.

You can purchase a 4-pack of wooden spoons like this for about $1 at Wal-Mart, which makes it a quarter a piece.


5 comments:

Danielle K said...

This is a really good idea - my mom would like these :)

premar88 said...

My caregiver is way into unique stuff like this . Will have to look into this more

C (Kid Things) said...

How cute! Such a great gift idea.

Yona Williams said...

Very cool...are you able to monogram and write names using the wood-burning tool on a spoon, or is there not enough leeway for that?

Christy G said...

This is a cool idea. Thank you for sharing.