Friday, December 20, 2013

Fitness Friday: Custom Canvas Running / Gym Bags and a Project #FAIL


This is a project spilt in 2 parts - success & fail! I am still trying to salvage the failed ones but decided on another gift to make that friend. This top one is the successful one.


These were just iron-on items with canvas bags......it should have a quick and easy craft. But...........


Ugh! Do you see what happened!!! The paper stuck to the iron on transfer. This was supposed to be for myself and then I had one more I was going to gift. When I have time to try to fix it I will just give it as a bonus surprise "Thanks for Being My Friend" gift.

The iron-on transfers were made by 2 different companies (letters were one company, the words Live Love Run were from another company). The letters one worked just as the directions stated. The directions on the words were the same but it did this.

The problem was that the instructions on both said to allow to cool completely before peeling away. When I made the 3rd bag that was successful, I did the words differently. I peeled it away while it was still hot and peeled it ever so sssssssllllllllooooooowwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy!

3 comments:

Jamie Knupp said...

Don't you love how directions never seem to work and crafts are more of a trial-and-error thing? Probably why I usually give up after the first disaster or two... Love the bag though! Great idea for a personal gift

Emily Reviews said...

Aww its a bummer that one got messed up. I always seem to hav esomething go wrong when I make projects it seems like so 2 out of 3 isnt too bad. :)

bestforminc said...

This post was very well written, and it also comprises a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your differentiated way of composing the post. Thanks, you have made it very simple for me to realize.
workout clothes