Ok, so this is more indulgent than it is healthy, but we all deserve a treat now and then and this is a healthier sweet treat than most. And these are the perfect little treats to give to friends, teachers and neighbors. I have made this both as regular loaves and in the Good Cook Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY TO WIN THE ABOVE SET!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Makes 2 Loaves or 4 mini loaves
2 C pureed pumpkin (check out How to Bake a Pumpkin, or use canned)
1 1/2 C sugar
1 T molasses
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 C chocolate chips
1/4 C chocolate chips
cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend together pumpkin, sugar, molasses, eggs, and apple sauce
- Sift Together all dry ingredients
- Mix dry ingredients in to wet ingredients and blend until mixed
- Split half the mixture among 2 bread pans
- Sprinkle 1/3 C of chocolate chips across the mixture in the pans
- Top with remaining bread mixture equally over both pans
- Sprinkle 1/4 C chocolate chips across both pans
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar across the top, if desired
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (regular size loaf) and 40-45 minutes (mini loaves)
- Cool and Enjoy!
I was given the above pan and parchment paper for the purpose of review. No monetary compensation was received. All photos are mine. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Recipes are my own creations.