Monday, December 9, 2013

Make It Monday: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread & Good Cooks Mini Loaf Pan



Ok, so this is more indulgent than it is healthy, but we all deserve a treat now and then and this is a healthier sweet treat than most. And these are the perfect little treats to give to friends, teachers and neighbors. I have made this both as regular loaves and in the Good Cook Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan.




ENTER THE GIVEAWAY TO WIN THE ABOVE SET!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread  Makes 2 Loaves or 4 mini loaves
2 C pureed pumpkin (check out How to Bake a Pumpkin, or use canned)
1 1/2 C sugar
1 T molasses
2 eggs

1/2 tsp almond extract
2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 C chocolate chips
1/4 C chocolate chips
cinnamon sugar (optional)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Blend together pumpkin, sugar, molasses, eggs, and apple sauce
  • Sift Together  all dry ingredients
  • Mix dry ingredients in to wet ingredients and blend until mixed
  • Split half the mixture among 2 bread pans
  • Sprinkle 1/3 C of chocolate chips across the mixture in the pans
  • Top with remaining bread mixture equally over both pans
  • Sprinkle 1/4 C chocolate chips across both pans
  • Sprinkle cinnamon sugar across the top, if desired
  • Bake for 50-60 minutes (regular size loaf) and 40-45 minutes (mini loaves)
  • Cool and Enjoy!

I was given the above pan and parchment paper for the purpose of review. No monetary compensation was received. All photos are mine. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Recipes are my own creations.

19 comments:

mail4rosey said...

This sounds delicious to me!

Unknown said...

these would make great gifts for the holidays. I love anything with pumpkin and the chocolate chips are an added bonus. I cant wait to try this recipe. I have the wilton mini loaf pans and I like to use those, I have never tried the pans above. Thanks for sharing

Kristen LaValley said...

Chocolate and pumpkin!!?? Well yes, please!!

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous! One of my favorite breads.

Unknown said...

OOOO I love those pans! And the recipe sounds wonderful! I'm so making this!

Nicole Fabian said...

Yum...this sounds like a good addition for teacher gifts!

Unknown said...

looks sooo good!!!

kewkew said...

Oh my, it has pumpkin and chocolate chips in it, my hubby would love it. Who am I kidding, we all would. I love the look of those pans, I have never made mini loaves before.
Would love for you to stop by and share your recipe on my weekly recipe link up Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2013/12/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-64-gluten-free.html

Unknown said...

I just saw the mini loaf pan on someone else's site too, and I really want one now. If I use a full loaf pan it's just too much bread, etc., for me and my son to eat!

Janna Lamison said...

Remember when i lived by you and you would surprise me with these yummy creations? Yeah, those were the days!

Jessica said...

I remember those days fondly Janna and miss them!

Unknown said...

this bread look very yummy and easy to make. The pans look so cute, I want one!!

Nikki said...

Yummy and love the pan for gifts!

Nikki said...

Yummy and love the pan for gifts!

Miranda said...

Love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate

Meredith said...

This pan looks great!

MaryAnn said...

It looks so good. My son would have hayday with this.

auntietina said...

I am going to try this with butternut squash puree instead of pumpkin. (somehow we ended up with only 2 zucchini plants this year but about 15 butternuts. trying to get creative in using it up!)

nicolesender said...

My family would like this recipe. Sounds wholesome and tasty!