Sunday, December 1, 2013

Two Printable Letters to Santa


I made up these letters for my kids to write their letters to Santa (St. Nick). They have different needs in terms to their writing abilities. My son just turned four and is in the beginning stages of writing and so I made up the top letter for him to fill in with just a few words. My daughter is 7 1/2 years old and very good at writing and so she is able to write complete sentences. I have a feeling she will use the sentences in her brother's letter as guidance to what she will write, but it is open for her to write whatever she wants.



My children will write their letters to Santa (or St. Nick) and leave them for him to pick up on the eve of St. Nick's Day. If you read the link about St. Nick's Day you will have some clue of my state or origination. :) How people celebrate St. Nick's Day can vary, but what we do is that the kids leave their Santa letter and he comes to get them from our house on the eve of St. Nick's Day (Santa is Saint Nicholas's nickname) and he leaves the kids a few tokens to help get them in mood for the Christmas holiday (so they get Christmas-y items). One of those items they get is a new ornament for their own mini Christmas trees they each have outside their bedroom. My kids will have quite a Christmas ornament collection by the time they grow up and leave our home. They get excited to see what ornament he brings them each year. Also they usually get a piece of Christmas candy and a book with a Christmas story and an inexpensive Christmas craft kit from the dollar store.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This are cute for folks with smaller children!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh this tradition is adorable!! I love that you call Santa St Nick as his nickname. I've struggled with what to do about Santa because I really want my girls to know about St. Nick, so this is helping me see how to concretely do that! Thank you so much for sharing this adorable idea. I am definitely going to draw inspiration from you on this one.

Also, your 4 year old writes that well?! Crazy (amazing)!!

Becky Elmuccio said...

These are great to help model writing at this time of year!

Ashley said...

Cool! Thanks for the printables.

Peachyness said...

These are cute1 I think my daughter will love this

Nicole Fabian said...

These worked great! Thanks for sharing :)

Amy Orvin said...

These printables are so cute! My nieces will love them.