Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: Disney LIVE - 3 Classic Fairytales


I had a chance to review Disney LIVE: Three Classic Fairy Tales that was at the Mayo Civic Center on Saturday afternoon with my family.  The three fairy tales part of the 1 1/2 hour program was Snow White, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. All the pictures in the post are ones I took while there, sorry they are not the best,
These top two pictures are of the grand finale when all of the princesses and princes came out on stage one last time and were joined by Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

All of the costumes meet your expectations if you are familiar with the Disney movie versions of these stories, so kids will not be disappointed.

The Dwarves were actually quite large. I imagine it has to be quite hot inside those costumes.

The stepmother looks as hideous on the outside as she is on the inside. I didn't really remember what she looks like from the movie, but this has to be it. The ugly stepsisters cracked me up! They had HUGE feet (shoes) and were stumbling all over the place.


What a perfect princess! Maybe it's the blond hair like min, but Cinderella was always my favorite.


The only thing missing was the pumpkin turned in to a carriage, but it was a great short rendidtion of the full length movie.

 Intermission time! Of course there is the usual Disney themed snacks with take home mugs and glasses and crowns, but we have collected enough of those that we buy the snacks available from the venue. This time it was pretzels and cheese.

Can you tell he is saying "CHEESE!" as he is showing me the nacho cheese on his pretzel? Clever boy!

Mickey & Minnie welcomed us back after intermission. They came out in between each fairy tales and before and after intermission and at the beginning and ending. It wouldn't be a Disney show without lots of Mickey and Minnie.

The last fairy tale presented was Beauty and the Beast. I thought the staging for this one was really great and included lot of changes that were done in the blink of an eye. They had you focused on other things when the center stage would turn around or the stairs would drop down or placed a filter screen in front that images were displayed on.

I don't know why, but I always liked the character of Gaston. Not that I like his person, but just how he was cast as this dumb self-absorbed jock who everyone wants and can't have the one person he wants because you can't make someone love you.

This show does have a part that might be a little scary to kids when there is the fight between the Beast and Gaston. There is flashing and strobe light and fighting, but it is over rather quickly.

Another scene with everyone fawning over Gaston as he shows off.

Of course, these are all fairy tales and they all have happy endings where the princess and prince live happily ever after.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Thanks for linking up!

Mom Knows Best said...

I would love to see this. I am going to the Nutcracker with my child's schhol.

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a great time! My kids would love if something like this came to our area. I'll have to keep my eyes open a bit more from now on.

Unknown said...

That looks like a nice show! Disney always has great fun things for kids of all ages!

Unknown said...

looks like a great show

Kerri said...

We love the Disney Shows. Looks like you had a fun time!

Buzz4Mommies said...

This looks like so much fun! We are going to have to go one of these soon!

Julie said...

This looks like a really good time!