Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Re-Purpose a Sweater into a Stuffie


 

This was so much cuter in my head than how it turned out. I still think my son will love it, but I decided to make him another "kitty" present (he really likes kitties!) partly because I don't think this is as cute as I hoped and partly because his present came from an old cashmere sweater that I don't wear because, ironically, the cats put snag holes in it and the everything else is leftover items from previous projects. I really spent no money on this project. It was all time. I made each of the kids 2 gifts and I had to purchase things to make both of my daughter's. So, I bought some supplies to make my son 1 more kitty gift (you'll get to see it, but probably not til after Christmas.)

I like these Monster Stuffies I made 2 years ago so much more! Other items I made from sweaters include:

Or maybe you are looking for other homemade stuffed toys besides this kitty or the Monster Stuffies, you could try these Loom Knit projects: Bunny or Owls


I'm not done using this sweater, so there will be 1-2 more posts with crafts from it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though it didn't turn out the way you wanted, I bet your son will love it anyway! The softness of cashmere, coupled with the fact that kids love weird things sometimes, makes me think he will like it! You will have to update us after you give it to him! :D

Unknown said...

Great ideas! I love upcycling and this little guy is so cute.

Unknown said...

Wish I could sew! I'd make one!

Bianca @ The Pierogie Mama said...

Not a bad idea! I'd be more likely to find a way to reuse old clothes into something cloth diaper related (inserts, new wipes) or incorporate them into a flat as a new burp cloth or receiving blanket. But hey, that's my phase in life right now ;) Wiping up messes in one way or another.