Saturday, December 7, 2013

Loom Knit Snake Scarf

I made my daughter a scarf for Christmas and thought my son would appreciate one as well, although a vastly different scarf that the ruffle one I made for my daughter. I made this on a knitting board because I wanted a tighter stitch that I could get on my long looms. It is double knit on the board. My son is a huge snake fan, so I think this will be a hit with him.


It's not a terribly difficult scarf to make, just tedious with how long it takes to double knit a scarf on the board, not to mention that it is all one color. I actually started this project and had to put it down a couple times and did two other projects in between just to mix it up. I just used this Red Heart Super Saver yarn I had that I wanted to use up. The only thing you need to know how to do is increase and decrease and follow the knitting board instructions for knitting and you can make yourself a scarf snake. To make the tongue I just braided some yarn and tied it off and cut off the center end and stitched the other end to the center and stitched some buttons in to place for eyes.



Just a picture of what it looks like on. My son obviously won't be getting it for a little while yet.

10 comments:

couponwahm said...

This is so cool! You did a great job.Your son definitely will need to grow into it :-)

Unknown said...

NICE! I too am currently knitting Christmas gifts and LOVE it.

Emily Reviews said...

This is so cute! I can see my little nephews getting excited to wear a scarf if it looked like this.

mail4rosey said...

Oh my gosh, it's cute. I've never seen anything like it!

Mommy Pehpot said...

that is a very creative scarf! I don't know how to knit so I really have a lot of respect to people who knows how to :)

Dianna said...

lol how fun-- this is the only way I would have anything that looked like a snake close to me let alone around my neck-- thanks for sharing what a fun idea

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I agree with Dianna, that snake is the cutest snake I've ever seen. Oh, that's right, I've never seen any other cute snake. So well done!

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

That is such a cute scarf!

Unknown said...

This is SUCH a cute idea.

Unknown said...

That's cute . How any stitch do you add on to the loom and how do you do the mouth too can you made it shows us on YouTube xx