Sunday, January 12, 2014

Loom Knit Play Balls


I made these for my new nephew and am happy I could give him a homemade gift. I made 2 different sizes. The larger size was made on the blue circle loom (typically used to make infant hats) and the smaller ball was made on the peach colored flower loom (uuuhhhh - typically used to make flowers.) You can see pictures of looms with yarn on them below.

I just did the Basic E-Wrap Stitch to make them and added in a stripe in the center to make them a coordinating set. I stuffed them with batting around a small jingle bell in the center before casting off and closing.


To make the larger balls I cast on 25 rows on the blue circle loom.

To make the smaller balls I cast on 16 rows on the peach flower loom.



7 comments:

Alicia Owen said...

I used to love making hats on looms like those. I love the idea of putting jingle bells inside them too for kids. I might have to try these out the next time we have a baby. ;)

Edge Of Insanity said...

I would love to learn knit! My mom has before, so maybe she can teach me. It looks like fun, though!

Jamie Knupp said...

How neat! My baby girl would love playing with these - she's all about balls and anything soft right now. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

These Are Adorable, My Kids Would Love These!! :)

Unknown said...

That's really cool! My son likes to play with the wool dryer balls that I have for laundry, so I'm sure he'd love these.

ReviewsSheRote said...

I've never used a loom circle before--but these look very cute

Lexie Lane said...

I have made so many attempts at knitting and could never get it. This is so cool!