Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Try It Tuesday: Bubble Wrap Print Snowman Craft


If you are like me in Minnesota right now, you are not fond of this polar vortex and the only snowman building that is happening is indoors because being outside in this weather will freeze bare skin in under 5 minutes. So, indoor crafts are a must.


For this project, we cut out the shapes for the kids and let them glue them on how they wanted and draw on arms and a mouth. The googly eyes and pom poms were glued on after the painting was done.


To do the bubble wrap paint print, you just need to spread white paint over the top of the bubbles on the bubbles wrap, then turn it over and press on top of your picture and it will look like a bit of a blizzard. It's fun and creative.

Have fun and stay warm!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! We love using bubble wrap for crafts!

Unknown said...

This looks like a fun craft! I never would have thought to use bubble wrap. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very clever! I never thought to use bubble wrap!

Jessica said...

What a cute idea! My kids LOVE bubble wrap! I love being able to use it without having to listen to all the popping!

krystal said...

I love it - this is a very fun craft. I love bubble wrap!

Jayne Townsley said...

This would be great if I can keep Boo from popping all the bubble wrap when it comes in a package!

I really need to stock up on crafty stuff that's only for days when we're stuck indoors. I wasn't prepared for this at all.

Unknown said...

That's cute! Our temps in VA Beach aren't quite so bad, but my parents live in Minnesota. They're not exactly thrilled with the weather right now. =D

Holly @ Woman Tribune said...

What a cute craft! It is also super freezing here in Pennsylvania. It is -4 degrees here and weather.com says it FEELS like -26 degrees. It is awful. Hope you and your family are able to keep warm!

ReviewsSheRote said...

very cute--I have a feeling A LOT of home are going to be full of homemade crafts this week =]

First Time Mom and Losing It said...

Such a cute idea. Off to find some bubble wrap :)

Nicole said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing. All kids love bubble wrap!

Unknown said...

I love that craft idea! So adorable.