Saturday, January 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Saturday: Southwestern Chicken Stew



This is a wonderfully delicious thick stew that you can eat on it's own or serve over the top of rice or quinoa. This recipe will easily fit in your Clean Eating or Paleo diet.

Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Stew
2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1" cubed
1/2 C cilantro, minced
1 med red onion, chopped
1 jalepeno pepper, chopped
15 oz can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can corn, drained
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 C tomato juice
24 oz salsa

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on Low for 8 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!

15 comments:

Edge Of Insanity said...

I love a good southwestern chicken! Does it need to have the jalapeno, thought? I would love to make it but can't have jalapenos. Do you know what I could substitute it for?

mail4rosey said...

We've made southwest chicken nit eh slow cooker too, and it's such such such a good flavor to slow cook all day long!

Jessica said...

The jalepeno doesn't add too much spice, so you could leave it out or maybe do a green pepper instead.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That sounds like something my boys would love .... I love the fact that I can make it in a slow cooker :)

Alicia Owen said...

This sounds yummo! I keep seeing more and more recipes pop up later for slow cooker meals. I really need to look into it more because we are trying to make more home cooked meals AND I'm lazy and don't really enjoy cooking, so this would be perfect! lol

Dianna said...

yum-- I need to pin this -- I seen it on your facebook so I had to come and find this-- sounds right up my alley today

Lisa said...

In A Slow Cooker Must Be Good...Sounds Delicious!! XO

Czjai said...

Yum, just thinking about this dish makes my mouth water. :)

Diana Chastain said...

Sounds yummy! I love slow cooker meals. Thanks for sharing!

Loreina said...

I've been looking for a chicken slow cooker recipe to make with quinoa. I'll have to give this one a try. Looks delish!

Loreina said...

I've been looking for a chicken slow cooker recipe to make with quinoa. I'll have to give this one a try. Looks delish!

Kristie said...

That looks very yummy! And so easy too! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you!

Julie said...

I think this is the same recipe that one of my friends makes in our meal swap & it is DELICIOUS!

Julie said...

I think this is the same recipe that one of my friends makes in our meal swap & it is DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

I'm making it now . I find that all of the receipe don't tell you what size crockpot to use.