Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Cheap Belt Idea for an American Girl Doll


These top two pictures you can see how we used a dog collar from the dollar store as a belt for an American Girl Doll. We picked out one that had rhinestones on one side, so we could use it to look like a dressy sash on a dress, or you can see below when we turn it around it looks like a typical belt.


$1!!! That's it!!! A size Small dog collar from the Dollar Tree and now we have a cheap way to accessorize my daughter's American Girl Dolls. For other thrifty American Girl Doll ideas, check out my post "Thrifty Guide to the American Girl Culture" as well as my other posts on Save Green Being Green involving American Girl Doll Crafts.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute is that! My grand daughters dolls are getting some new belts, thanks!

krystal said...

I pinned this - it's a very cute idea!

Unknown said...

Love this! My nieces are huge AG fans!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I loved my AG doll so much! I still have her. I have Kit. :)

Anonymous said...

Now that a FANTASTIC idea! I bet that would work for so many dolls!

Liz Mays said...

I can't believe what a smart idea that is. So simple but genius!

Savannah said...

I'm loving the belt!! I have little boys so sadly I don't get to dress up dolls any more :(!! The closest I get is Build A bear and my hubby claims I go over board with letting the boys buy accessories lol