Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review: Kelly's Kits



I received one Kelly's Kits to use with my kids in hopes that I would review it on my blog. The above is the kit I received that is called Frosty Frescos. It includes a watercolor paint set, 2 paint brushes, 2 salt packets and a small packet of watercolor paper and instructions.

First off, I need to say that I was happy that the paint brushes were of a decent quality and not plastic bristles like in most kids paint kids. We will get a lot of use out these brushes and are happy we can reuse them. I am also pleased with the colors of the watercolor paint set, as they are not the "normal" colors that are in kids paint sets. It really helped make it feel like between these more natural looking colors and the paint brushes that they were professional artists. The paper is also a very nice quality as well for painting on with water colors. Overall, I was happy with the quality of the supplies included, but I was expecting a nicer quality project kit like this for the price of $9.99.



Each of my kids and myself painted our own Fresco. There was only 2 salt packets and it seemed like each picture needed it's own packet, but you can just use salt from your home. So, we created 3 pictures, but we still have about 5 more sheets of paper left as well as plenty of paint and brushes that we will continue to use for a long time. So, all in all, I think this kit was priced decently. And it can be even cheaper if you sign up for a longer subscription than just buying one month. Also, the kits include FREE SHIPPING!

To Find Out More Information About Kelly's Kits Online:

8 comments:

Megan Sutliff said...

My kids would love this art set, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the kit. My nephew would love that.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

Aww! Cute kits! My kids are art crazy and would go wild over these kits!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! My daughter would love this!

Unknown said...

Our kids love painting. Like you said, though, the brushes with those plastic bristles don't last at all! It's nice to see something that uses real brushes!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is so neat. My youngest ones love to paint :)

Unknown said...

Ya know...I think I'd like that for myself :)

ReviewsSheRote said...

What an interesting craft...I wonder what other sort of projects are in the kits...