Friday, March 21, 2014

Fitness Friday: The Super Run - Plan Your Own or Find One to Run!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



Do you work with an organization that does fundraising? 

Have you ever considered hosting a 5K Fun Run like The Super Run?

The Super Run will make it easy for you to host your own fun run with a Super Hero theme and raise funds while encouraging physical fitness, getting outdoors and helping others. The Super Run is an event management company that will handle all of the details and logistics of planning an event in your area. You provide the volunteers for the day of the event and we’ll handle the rest! A portion of the registration fees PLUS 100% of sponsorships and funds raised go directly to your organization!

The FIRST Super Run kicks off on April 26th in Detroit, Michigan and will be raising awareness and funds for Lutheran Social Services of Michigan. Do you live in Michigan? This could be a a great race to participate in. I imagine this is like most themed fun runs where there are also a lot of people walking and it is more of a walk/run. So, don't be discouraged if you are not a runner. Just get out there and move and support an organization that supports your community.



Right now they have over 20 locations nationally and adding more and more. Check to see where the nearest one to you is. I was looking over the list and saw there was not one in Minnesota. Anyone in Minnesota have an organization they are raising funds and awareness for and want the support of The Super Run? I would love to see one in Minnesota!!

Otherwise, my next closest Super Run is in Des Moines, Iowa on September 7th. In order to help promote this awesome opportunity for individual local organizations (key word here is LOCAL!) I am providing this blog post and will also get the opportunity to run the race and give you a review about that later. As of right now it looks like I will probably go run the Des Moines Super Run which supports Heart Heroes;
Its mission is to provide support and comfort to children and families affected by congenital heart defects (CHD).


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, this looks like such a fun run. Thanks for sharing

Jaime @ Slightly Steady said...

This is such an awesome idea! I am not much of a runner, but this would be so fun, I think I'd get over it!

Unknown said...

Portland has one like this. I'm hoping next year we can make the 4 hour drive so I can participate in it.

Heather said...

they have something similar to that every summer here...people run in costumes to raise money for the children's hospital

Unknown said...

I absolutely love love love the idea of superhero run! Thanks for sharing it!

MikiHope said...

I am not a runner--nor am I a walker anymore since the last of my dogs went over the rainbow. This does seem like a great way to raise funds for various organizations.

Julie said...

I am not part of any organization, but I wish there was one around me.

Leelo said...

This is so cool idea!

Leelo said...

This is so cool idea!

Mharms said...

My brother-in-law is into running and joins events like these. He encourages us to join, too.